Adoption Community
Want to adopt a baby from the middle east

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Does anyone have any information on where or what I look into for adopting a baby in the middle east?  Any information would be much appreciated.  
In order to adopt a child, you must meet both the government requirements for adoption from where you currently legally reside, which may include a state/province and a national gov't. This then also applies to the country where the child resides. If the child resides in a country where the Hague international agreement on adoption has been fully implemented, then you will only be able to adopt if you are also residing in a Hague country. If you live in a Hague country (e.g., Sri Lanka, India, USA, Canada, Mexico), then you will only be able to adopt via an agency that has been accredited/licensed by the national gov't where you live. In the USA, the list is on the US State Dept website for agencies that are accredited. To adopt from India, for example, there are accredited/licensed agencies listed on CARA website for both agencies/orphanages in India and adoption agencies outside of India. From what I know, it is difficult to adopt from the Middle East. A friend of mine who is Lebanese Maronite Christian said that there are Christian orphanages/agencies in Lebanon that have children available for adoption but one must be a Christian to adopt from these orphanages. I don't know the other requirements. If you are looking for Muslim children, there are children available elsewhere in the world so check Africa and India, for example. If you are looking for an Arab child, there was one Muslim woman blogger who adopted a child from Central America who rationalized her adoption through the connection between the Spanish (e.g., Moors in Spain) and her own culture and the cultures of the people in Central America. There are also many Middle Eastern immigrants in other countries so check these countries as well. In the end, what I would highly recommend, is forget the ethnicity, language, etc of the child and go to the place where the child has the best early childhood care including love from a caring caretaker, good nutrition, good medical care, and a developmentally appropriate enriching environment. This may be a place where there is foster care available. You might also circulate the Middle Eastern immigrant communities and adoption listservs for adoptive parents of children with Middle Eastern backgrounds and maybe you might connect with a birth parent looking for someone like you. You'll need to be certified to adopt in your place of residence AND you'll need to have a home study completed by a social worker for that certification. There was once a Muslim American woman looking for a South Asian American Muslim family for her child so it was posted to a South Asian adoptive parents listserv and someone was located, a NRI family. Good luck!
can i adopt a baby from middle east like egypt or lebanan or iraq christian baby?????
i've heard there is lots of baby's in iraq waiting to be adobted.
please let me know if you do anything like that because i would love to adobt one christion baby from iraq too. i've heard from asirian friend that it's realy cheap too kind of free but i'm not realy sure. please let me know after your search.
Shortly after I posted my original question I did some reseach on our government web pages and in a nut shell most middle eastern countrys do not recognize our standards of adoption and do not allow it.  They do not have adoption agencies as we do here but more church type orphanages.  they also do not feel it is good to have a child who has already been traumatized by losing there family in war to remove them from their own country.  So as far as I know it is almost impossible to adopt a middleeastern child and bring them to the states.  Good luck and let me know if you hear otherwise.
Does anyone have any new information on Christian adoption in Lebanon?  Thank you.
I know this is old but you can adopt from Azerbaijan. Also from Morocco, although Morocco is in Africa but many middle eastern people live there.
And no, you can't adopt from egypt, iraq, or lebanon. If you go to adoption.com and find the info for the country you want to adopt from it will tell you if the country is open or closed for adoption.