Adoption Community
abandoned?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

abandoned?

I was adopted from infant, but still, people and counslers say i have a lot of abandonment issues eapeially since my adoptive mom and I completely do NOT get along adn couldn't be more oposite?
They say I have these issues because of my social skills sort of. I guess how you interact and maintain a relationship. I just don't trust people with my feelings and stuff, My feelings are important, I have to be cafeful who I open up with. And don't hug or get close to me, I'm insecure. What really are the signs of abandonment issues and how do you fix it?
Tags: abandoned, Relationships, mom, feeling
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
If you google "abandonment issues," there are a ton of useful sites and descriptions.  Good luck, you can work your way through this.  
Blank
1390847_tn?1344661068
Just to give you another perspective, you shouldnt think you were abandoned by your birth parents.  My parents gave up my older brother for adoption because they were only 16 and they were FORCED to by their parents.  Now we came in contact with him, and we love him and talk to him a lot.  it wasnt an issue of abandonmet, they just gave him a chance at a better life.  So dont think of yourself as abandoned because you never know, they just may be looking for you, like my mother spent years looking for her son she gave up for adoption.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Adoption Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...