Adoption Community
adoption..
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

adoption..

Hi im 20 and 20 weeks pregnant and my little sister(only 16) just found out she was pregnant today she is being smart and is going to place her baby for adoption. Where would we go to arrange that? And what will she have to do?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Nobody can help me?
Blank
You should call your county, they can tell you where to go. You can probably even talk to your OBGYN/Midwife. The clinic should have lots of information for you and your sister.
Blank
Only problem with that is i lice in hawaii & she lives in md but ill call over to her county thank you!
Blank
1548028_tn?1324616046
Many times your OBGYN knows of a couple that have tried to have a child but can't.  There are also attorneys who have lists of families and you get to know their profiles and pick the couple you would like to adopt your child.  They get very involved and are supportive throughout the pregnancy in anything your sister would need at no expense to her.  There are open-adoptions and closed adoptions.  Your sister can make the open adoption to see the child on occassion, pictures, updates etc... or closed and not.  Sounds like she is going to make a couple very happy.  I am so proud of her in whatever she decides.  I think this is one of the hardest decisions one can make.  She will need lots of support.  Goodluck to all!
Blank
2019911_tn?1328554707
Glad you are supporting her in her decision. No matter what she chooses to do she needs you by her side. I chose adoption right away and didn't have anyone by my side and it makes it extremely difficult. What a wonderful sister you must be to seek answers.
Blank
1852310_tn?1341999145
Your sister could also google "adoption attorneys" or "adoption agencies" . A ton of listings will pop up with resources in her area. I'm trying to adopt right now and am having a great experience with a local attorney. Best of luck to you both!
Blank
I am doing adoption for my current pregnancy I am 23 years old and am still very nervous about the whole thing there's a place called ceragious choice (u can look it up on Google) they are so supportive they help you through the whole thing and even give u a social worker in your area you can personally talk too I looked at a few diff plaaces and some I couldn't even get to call me back they are available 24 hours a day to take your call they will really help

Hope this helps
Blank
There most likely is a childrens home or a like organization that helps you with the adoption process. There are legal rights the tupe of adoption you want and all sorts of medical history ect that the mom will need to write down for the child to have whenever they are of age. Some moms are even allowed to write a letter and give a picture to the baby and the adoptive parents can have the option of when to give it ti the child
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Adoption Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...