Adoption Community
can someone help me out. please
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can someone help me out. please

my mom was in a closed adoption, and my dad left. i'm trying to find out who some of my real family is. im 18 and my name is Danica, ive bin looking for a long time now to try and find anything but ive had no luck, i hope someone can help me out please and thank you,
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
I think there are organizations who help with this kind of search.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Are you searching for your mother's records or do you mean your mom had you and you were the closed adoption?  If you are searching for your own birth records, that is an easier thing than if you are searching for hers.  Here is from Bas tard Nation's website:  "Alabama, Alaska, Oregon, Kansas, New Hampshire Maine and Rhode Island are the only U.S. states where adult adoptees have unrestricted access to their own original birth records."  So if it is that rare when the person looking is the one involved, I would think it would be even harder if you're looking for someone else's records.

At least you know your dad's name, whether he left or not.  Why not try reaching out to his family?
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Annie gave you excellent info.  

She asked some good questions, as it's a bit unclear who is the adoptee, and what exactly you're looking for.  Arw you looking to actually FIND people, or just information?

It would be great if you could give us some more info.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Adoption Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...