Adoption Community
finding my adopted dads biological parents?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

finding my adopted dads biological parents?

Hi everyone. So i am trying to find my fathers biological parents because he was adopted. I dont know where he was born. The catch is my father died in 2006. His twin brother died when they were 13. And his other brother died when he was very young before i was even born. And the couple that adopted him are deceased since a few years ago. So i have nobody left on my dads side. I just recently found out where they are buried because noone seemed to know and i was only 11 when he died so couldnt really do anything when i was that young. Anyone have any ideas?
480448_tn?1403547723
The biggest question I would have for you,m is why do you seek to find them?  A lot of people have this picture of growing close to their new found family, everything being picture perfect, and whle that can happen, there are also many stories that don't end well, because the truth is, many people don't want to be found, and it can be a huge invasion of privacy.  It's something you absolutely have to be prepared for.

There is a LOT to consdier before even starting to take this on.  Did your Dad ever seek our his b-family?  What DO you know of his b-family?  Any records at all?  Names?  How old would your dad be now?  Do you know the name of the agency that handled the adoption proceedings?  Closed adoptions can be very difficult to get to the details.  Usually the most successful and efficient way to find a b-family is through either a private investigator, or an adoption search company.

Whatever you decide, I would think through all scenarios first and be prepared to locate people who may turn you away completely.  That's very rough, we had a good family friend that went through that, it was devastating for her.

Best of luck to you, no matter what you decide.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Adoption Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...