how does one deal....
I just wanted some advice on how someone would emotionally deal with going through 2 separate adoptions within the same year.. I'm trying to keep myself from getting severe post partum depression, but I don't know what to do... Any suggestions? Thanks.....
Hello!

I'm assuming you were the one who placed the children for adoption?

By no means will it be easy, there will be lots of emotional issues to work through, on top of the hormonal challenges.  Please seek help in the form of professional therapy.  You need to talk through these issues and learn to find acceptance.  Don't suffer in silence!  

Choosing adoption was such an amazing and selfless gift...you should be SO very proud of yourself for doing thre mature thing in a difficult situation.  You gave a gift not only to your children, but to the families who will love and spoil them rotten.  

Adoptive parents are special people.  They want children in a way that's hard to put in words.  My parents were (are) amazing.  I couldn't have hand chosen better people to raise me.  While I've never met my b-mom, I'm eternally grateful to her for what she did for me.  She allowed me to have an amazing life.  I have nothing but love in my heart for what she did...no negative feelings at all.  MOST adoptive children who have been raised well feel exactly the same way.

Please get yourself some help hon, and be SURE you are protecting yourself so that you don't have to go through this AGAIN.  Pregnancy is absolutely positively preventable.  Sure, occasionally there are "oopsies"..but if you put a good amount of effort into birth control, you'll be okay.

Best to you hon.
I'm praying for you. I hope you feel better soon. I'm an adoptive mother, now pregnant for the first time. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I just wanted to say thank you and let you know what an incredible mother and woman I think you are.