Adoption Community
i gave my child up at birth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

i gave my child up at birth

Hello my name is tt I gave birth to my son 0ct16 2010 I gave him up oct18 2010 me and the agency and adoption parents agreed to a open adoption every since I signed the papers they have cut me all the way off and changed there numbers they don't call or text or wright I do not no how my baby is doen and its killing me I asked for councing and never got it I wish I new how to get my baby back I don't no him but I love him to dealth and wish I never gave him up in the first.  Place is there any thing I can do about this

I'd see an attorney, quickly, since it will soon be 4 months since you did this.  You want to know if there is any time in which you can rescind your permission, and the clock is ticking.  
I feel for you..but keep in mind that an open adoption is tricky and these parents prbly agreed to it knowing they didn't have much choice. I'm not always sure an open adoption is the right thing to do as you still have ties with the child and want that bond but you don't want the responsibility of raising the child. I would contact the agency and the atty and see what they say. I would not rescind your decision as you gave up that child for a reason and he or she may be better off. Good luck
I wanted him but I have two other kids a 1 year old and two year old and its hard taking care of them and I figured they could give him more then I could. I did not want to loose contact with them I regret it all and attorneys are way to expensive and I'm only 19 it hard
This upsets me that the adoptive parents made a promise to keep the lines of communication open and then once it was final, just neglected those promises!

I was always under the impression that open adoptions were a legal contract, and the terms that were agreed upon had to be filled, but I guess that is clearly not the case!

I would contact the person at the adoption agency who facilitated your adoption and let her know what is going on so she can give you advice and see what is going on with your case!

I wish you luck and you will stay in my prayers!  Don't ever think twice about the decision you made;  you made that decision with your child's best interest in heart.  God knows that, and one day so will your child!
Open adoptions arent joint custody!

I was a gestational surrogate to 2 beautiful baby boys..

Love and spoil the 2 young children you have... You did what was right morrally and now think of the baby!
He is in his new home with his parents who can give him what you can't.

Let them bond..
My heart breaks for u. My hubby and my self and prospectiive adoptive parents. YOu are a blessing and dont ever dought that. I am sorry that they are not doing what they agreed to. I would call the agency. They agency should handle this for you. Not all adoptive parents are this way. My DH and I checked open adoption or closed because we are willing to send pictures and meet once a year. Dont think of it as u gave up your child or u didnt want your child. you wanted what was best for your child and made a very selfless decision.You are a great Mom and a blessing to all 3 of your children and the people you chose to raise and love him.
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I think it is very unfair and wrong what they did. Open adoption though in 97% of cases are not a legal contract because the parents are now the legal guardians of the baby and the birth mother no longer has a say in anything. If you signed over custody then there is no legal way to get your baby back. My heart breaks for you. My husband and I are adopting in 2013 and it makes me very upset that they would do this to you. I could never do such a hurtful thing to a young mother. I cant imagine how you are feeling but know that I am praying for you. Love the two little ones you have and pray for the little one that is no longer yours.
I can't even imagine what your going through but agree with others focus on your 1&2 year olds and have faith that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it's easier to let go. I'm sure they love him and properly think their doing what's best for him, your still very young and with 2 little ones it's hard. Believe me as they grow their needs are greater.
First of all, i was on this site for long time. But never see a community called"Adoption commu". when i came across here, I really felt sad to see many posts and your post got my eye stacked. I can feel how much pain you are feeling now. I am really really sorry about the whole thing. when you made such a dicition did you ask an opnion from friends or others? you can see an atterny, if they didnt help. then just take it easy and calm and never think about this, i know its hard, but you still have your life ahead of you. I will def pray for you, and God will bless you with a little one soon to be loved all by you :)