Adoption Community
looking for my son

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

looking for my son

I gave my son up for adoption in Feb of 1984 in Kansas City, MO. I'm looking for him just to give him some of his medical history that he might need. I'm hoping that him & his family are all ok. I would like to tell him why I gave him up. It was for LOVE.
Im thinking about giving my baby up but i dont want to regret it n since you have been threw it wat do yu think
Hello there!

Adoption is one of those things that certainly requires a LOT of thought and consideration before coming to a final decision.

First, you have to look at WHY you think someone else would be better prepared and equipped to raise your child.  Let me tell you, having a baby and being a mom is NOT easy....your life changes SO drastically.  And kids cost a lot of money.  You would be amazed at how much it will cost you monthly, for diapers, formula, etc.  Hundreds of dollars.

There may be other factors too, like you not being together with the baby's father, or some other family dynamics that will make it hard on you.  

My personal opinion is that adoption is an amazing, wonderful and selfless gift to your child.  What bigger act of love could there be than to have to make a very hard decision solely because you are putting the needs and best interests of your child before what YOU want, emotionally?   I think it takes an incredible kind of special person to be able to do that.

Look into your options, do your homework, seek some adoption counselling, so you are armed with the info you need to make an informed decision.  I don't think the OP above regretted her decision at all, btw...she doesn't say that at all...she just said she was searching for her son to tell him why and to give him some medical background.

No doubt you will carry this with you forever if you make the decision to give your child up for adoption, but lots of women go on to live normal happy lives, with little regret.  It's all in how you look at why you would be doing it.  If you recognize it for the gift of life that it is for your child, I think you'll be able to be content with your decision.

Let us know what you decide...prayers for you as you think about your options.  I already think you're a pretty neat person because you're mature enough and selfless enough to even consider it.  God bless you.