Adoption Community
picky

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

picky

how picky should someone be to to pick the adoptive parents
You should be as picky as you need to be to feel like you are truly doing the right thing for the baby!
You want to remember that, depending on how open you would like your relationship to be with the adoptive parents, your baby isn't the only addition to their family. You are too!

Make sure that you are comfortable talking with them, there will eventually need to be boundaries and some difficult conversations. The last thing you want is to be uncomfortable with the people on top of the situation.

Trust your gut and instincts, get to know the families and envision the life your little one will have with them.
its your child even though you chose to give your baby up for adoption so you can be as picky as you wanna be. you would want whats best for your baby.
When it comes to pick the adoptive parents it should be very picky as it will decide your child's future and also you will be also sad if anything goes wrong or they can't take care of your child, So try to be as picky as you can and after getting all assurance that they will take good care of your child then only decide anything.
My husband and I adopted our daughter almost two years ago.  The birth mom and grandma both did the interviewing of us.  They had 16 familys picked out.  When it came time to meet it was down to four family's.  After meeting it took the birth mom a month to finally pick us. They wanted to have a very open adoption with us and for us to keep her name. We were the only family they felt comfortable with in still journey.  We are so very blessed to have an extended family now. My daughter will always now her birth mom and how very much she loved her.
My husband and I are looking to adopt again and are hoping to have the same openness.  I wish you luck.