Adoption Community
thinking about adoption

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

thinking about adoption

I am 20 years old, 23 weeks along. My boyfriend of two years left me when I was 14 weeks along. I grew up in a stable house hold with both of my parents. I feel that its unfair to my unborn son to not have a dad. I would not be the person I am today if my father was not in my life. I am afraid people will think I am too weak to raise a baby on my own, but can't bear to see him grow up with just mom. Any comments about what I'm going through?
You must do what you feel is right. It does not matter what others expect of you or what they think of you. This decision concerning the welfare of your unborn child supercedes everything.
I am 20 n grew up without my father n believe if i did have him in my life i would b worse off. My mom raised 3 kids on her own n did a wonderful job n so can u. Ur baby will motivate u! Please think twice about givin up ur baby. Forget wat ppl will think its ur life not theirs! Ur baby deserves u!
Your situation is really complicated but there there are many persons who do not have dad but look they are also successful and having a great life. If you have the confidence that you can give good life to your child then no need to worry but if you think "no, i can not take care of my child" then you must take any good step forward. It all depend on you.
You have time an I wouldn't make any hasty desions, my oldest is 14 now an the most beautiful: ) I have a open adoption an now I have more kids even tried the happy marriage, if you honestly with out a second thought you can't be emotionaly an learn to support an care then I guess, but life isn't perfect an non of us come with a handbook, one day you will if you want have that dream family: ) but your choices now will be there either way, an I completely agree with others it needs to be yours only  best wishes hun I know this is the hardest thing to decide
I'm 22 and pregnant with my first.
I'm separated from my hubby and he's not the baby's dad. And I have close to no support. Plus I work 96 hrs in 2 weeks.

I'm also leaning towards adoption.

I think u r being smart about this because a couple that wants to adopt can do better for the baby (this is my way of thinking) the choice is very hard but its you being unselfish and putting ur baby first. It takes a real parent to do that!

Follow ur heart.
Hi, folks,

Since the OP posted in August, 2012, it appears that she is no longer seeking input.  Also, please be aware that, while MedHelp is a wonderful community for support and information on many issues - including adoption - we do not function as a service to match potential adoptive parents with pregnant mothers.
________________________________________________

** CLOSED DISCUSSION**
            NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE
Im 17 the daddy left me doesnt want nothing to do with me or the baby told me to do adoption i wont so i hav trust god will guide u and provide for u and ur baby keep ur lil bundle of joy ull regrete it later if u dont :) i can do it so can u and im still i. High school got senior year left i grad in 2014 and college is after that we can both do it ull obe day marry and the baby will hav a dad i grew up without a mom she left me my dad doesnt regrete it one moment she left when i was a yr