Adrenal Insufficiency Community
ACTH stimulation test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ACTH stimulation test

I have hashis.  I still have never felt well once medicated.  I have had am cortisols done in the past.  The one I had last year was 14.1 (4.3-22.4).  Those previous to that were a bit higher, (14.9 in 9/08., and 16.7 in 6/08 those with ranges of 4-22)

I had another recent am cortisol a few weeks ago.  Those results were 8.4 (4-22).  I am now scheduled for a low-dose acth stimulation test.  I am still very fatigued, no appetite...(no nausea or weight loss though)…crave salt.

Is there anything anyone can tell me that I would need to know about the acth stimulation?

What do you think of my cortisol tests?  Why would they keep decreasing?  I have had these symptoms for quite a while.  Does it take time for cortisol tests to finally coincide with symptoms?