Adrenal Insufficiency Community
ACTH stimulation test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

ACTH stimulation test

I have hashis.  I still have never felt well once medicated.  I have had am cortisols done in the past.  The one I had last year was 14.1 (4.3-22.4).  Those previous to that were a bit higher, (14.9 in 9/08., and 16.7 in 6/08 those with ranges of 4-22)

I had another recent am cortisol a few weeks ago.  Those results were 8.4 (4-22).  I am now scheduled for a low-dose acth stimulation test.  I am still very fatigued, no appetite...(no nausea or weight loss though)…crave salt.

Is there anything anyone can tell me that I would need to know about the acth stimulation?

What do you think of my cortisol tests?  Why would they keep decreasing?  I have had these symptoms for quite a while.  Does it take time for cortisol tests to finally coincide with symptoms?
Forgot to add...my most recent cortisol (the 8.4 one) was done @ 7:42am.
The test takes a while. They should put in a line, take a baseline sample, wait and then give you what they are giving you to stimulate the ACTH (it can vary) and then at every time point, make a draw.

You just have to sit there.

Craving salt usually means you need it. You can buy salt tablets - or eat pickles etc. Let us know how the stim test goes.
ChitChatNine 's ear surgery for kitty ag... Comment
Aug 28
AlyssaWhite0908 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 27
Jade59 commented on photo
Aug 25