Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Addison's?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Addison's?

I believe I may have Addison's. Here's some basic information about myself:

I'm a 21 year old female that has gone through a tremendous amount of stress beginning at age 13 and reaching a peak about two years ago following a traumatic event. (I'm not sure if this can even be relevant to Addison's, but my kidneys were badly infected about eight months ago.) I keep my apartment at 66 degrees yet sweat profusely. I crave salt to the point where some of my foods are "blanketed." I'm extremely pale and can't go outside, as I live in southern California and the heat is overpowering for me. My immune system is terrible. My insurance has sent me to the E.R. numerous times for orthostatic hypotension. I have no appetite; my muscles are very weak/ache despite numerous attempts to work out on a regular basis; I tremble; I have crippling (worsening) anxiety and feel the most energetic later in the evening. These symptoms have persisted throughout most of my adult life, but have been increasing at a very rapid pace as of late. I don't, however, have any signs of hyperpigmentation.

Do you think this sounds like Addison's?
Tags: addison's
Not everyone gets the dark skin - it all depends on the source being adrenal or pituitary.  Salt craving and low BP is a clue to adrenal issues.
What kind of testing have you had?
i am a 38 yrs mom with addisons been to the e.r. tomany times to **** i need a cure is thire any help for us i suffer all the time the strees is killing me i dont want my kids to see me like this . i have no medicare please help . and god bless thanks.
There is no cure - there is only management. You need to take replacement steroids - usually hydrocortisone. You may also need florinef to  hold salt as low sodium is the reason for the adrenal crisis.

A high salt diet can help. You need to get to an endo that can manage you adrenals - if not, you can die.