Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Adrenal Fatigue and Heart Palpitations??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

I'll try and make this short. Been having severe irregular heartbeat for several months now. Been to two cardiologists with numerous tests done saying they are benign PVC's/PAC's. Also, for the last few years I have had pretty bad anxiety type symptoms. Can Adrenal Fatigue be the culprit for my heart problems and anxiety. I'm so tired of going to Dr's with never any explanations for what's causing this. What other tests should I have they may have been overlooked. My blood work for Thyroid disorders always comes back normal. I'm only 35 but am extremely tired of these nasty symptoms, especially the heart palps.

Thanks!
Hi.  Yes, adrenal fatigue could cause your problems.  So could a systemic yeast infection, faulty thryoid, faulty pituitary, hypoglycemia, and many other situations.  And it could be just anxiety.  And, yes, I know, there is no "just anxiety" when you're the one experiencing the symptoms!  Be methodical about this.  Write down all your symptoms and when they occur.  Keep a journal detailing food and beverage consumption, vitamins, meds, weather, amount of sunshine, any disturbance at work work or within your personal life.  I prefer a chart with room on the sides for added notes.  You'll find what works best for you.  It sounds as though you need to regain control, and you can begin to do it with these simple steps.  If you see that your days are bluer and your anxiety symptoms are much greater on days with little sunshine, investigate SAD and lighting therapy.  Low Blood Sugar and You by Carleton Fredericks is my favorite book for thryoid conditions that aren't obvious with blood tests, and how to home test.  Adrenal Fatigue by James Wilson will give you many clues as to whether you may have an adrenal problem that is not one of the two extreme conditions of Addison's or Cushing's and will tell you what to do to secure a saliva test.  It will take you a long time, but go through all the threads in these forums and and other sites, checking out thyroid and adrenal problems, anxiety and depression, yeast (candida) syndrome, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), and any other conditions that get your attention.  I don't think anxiety has to be caused by another condition, although it can be.  There are some very good observations and tricks for dealing with anxiety made by the people who contribute to both the anxiety and depression threads, on both  MedHelp and other sites.  Knowing that your cardiovascular system is healthy is a big plus, as you can strike that from your list of possibilities.  While you're trying to research these health conditions to decide what type of doctor and tests would be best for you, eat, drink and sleep in as healthy ways as you can.  Sick and Tired by Robert O. Young and Patient Heal Thyself are two other good books with extensive bibliographies new ways of thinking about how we live.  I've learned much from all these sources, and hope that you will, too.  Best wishes to you.  Report back when you can.
Have you found the cause? I have the same type of problem. Severe heart palpitations. Did the whole cardiology tests, halter monitor etc. They wanted me to take Beta Blockers, but it doesn't sound like that would help solve the problem, just alleviate the symptom. I had taken care of a yeast infection (with a pill), but it didn't help the heart palpitations. My thyroid tests come back ok. Bood tests ok. Dr. said if I had adrenal problems they would show up in my blood tests around my kidneys. I don't know but my head hurts everytime my heart pauses.. it feels like my neck swells everytime, and my abdoment feels bloated. I am 39 and this has been going on for a few years on and off. Please if you have found anything, let me know! Thank you!
I've been having similar symptoms for the last 2 months.  I have been having hot flashes. My heartrate has been going a little faster or a little slower through out the day when I'm calm and at rest.  Exercising for a normal length of time has made my symptoms much worse.  
I had blood tests done and they come back normal, *including thyroid test*. My heart has been listened to, and an ekg.  All appear normal. My doctor thinks its my stress hormones acting on my body and in turn they trigger anxiety which gives me insomnia.  It gets much worse with exercise.  My doctor prescribed antidepressants for the anxiety and vitamin suplements, calcium, and Vit D.  
       Another thing that is helpful, I stopped eating all food with sugar in it to steady my blood sugar, candy, cakes, soda, even fruit juice and processed foods/bread.  It has helped me. Whole grains are better for you. I've been eating 4 servings of oatmeal a day for almost 3 weeks. *the strange thing is oatmeal has been slowing down my heart rate for several hours after I eat it*  My heart rate is like 80 normally.  When I go to bed it is like 70-75..when I wake up in the morning its like 90 or so.  *this morning it was 100 and I couldn't sleep past 5am. and it has been 7 hrs since I ate dinner last night.*  
     Anyway I hope this helps.
try magnesium
how did the beta blockers work for you and what does and which one are you taking. I have the same symptoms and yes they drive you nuts. with no one giving you and answer except all is well
Please let me know the answers to what i asked
***@****
I am not sure you are going to get a response from someone who posted 4 years ago... and posting email addresses is a violation here (plus spammers can troll for them so it is partly for your protection).

Did you see a cardiologist or an endocrinologist for the beta blockers?