Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Adrenal fatigue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Adrenal fatigue

I saw my endro today. I have hashimoto's disease and have had a thyroidectomy October 2011. Every month one level or another has been off. I've been mostly hyperthyroid since march. Today I asked about adrenal fatigue. She got mad and said it didn't exist. Has anyone been tested for it ? I fired her and see a new endro in Feb. Could I run into the same attitude ? And are there other endro problems that might be causing my levels to be off ?
The American Endocrinology Association doesn't believe in adrenal fatigue.  However; adrenal and thyroid issues usually go hand in hand but doesnt necessarily mean you need replacement meds for adrenal Insufficinecy.  Adrenal Insufficiency is a life threatening condition where the body doesn't make enough cortisol and sometimes not enough aldosterone too depending on the cause of adrenal insufficiency.
My doctor always says the adrenal is the engine and the thyroid is the gas pedal so if your thyroid hormone levels aren't optimal then adrenal function won't be either.
Talking about adrenal fatigue will always get a negative response from an endocrinologist.  If you have symptoms of adrenal insufficiency then tell your doctor your symptoms and ask if they can test for adrenal Insufficiency.
Thank you so much on the info ! I'll speak to my regular doc :)
This:         ***@****    is the BEST group to discuss these issues with. They are people and have worked with thousands, yes thousands of people who have adrenal fatigue and have come up with formulas for diagnosing the problem and severity of problem, and ways to treat it...some under a doctors care, some not...again, all tested among the group members over time. You can ask them anything about adrenal issues and their sister site about thyroid related issues.
Dipimu, the name of the group didn't show up in your post for some reason. Can you repost?
Email addresses and links to other boards are not permitted - she has to PM you.
hi can i get that address please
There are many functional medicine doctors who treat adrenal fatigue.   I went through that route before my doctor realized that Prednisone had shut my adrenals down.