Aa
A
A
Close
4832173 tn?1359759712
Alone on an Island
I just found a like to a study done in Montreal Canada that involved 2 patients with Adrenal Insufficiency that led the doctors to discover the patients had POMC. This VERY rare genetic condition has less than 50 in the world. as far as I know my son Nathaniel is the only one in the USA and I am trying to follow any lead I can to connect with other families. I sent an email to the University of Montreal and they are unable to help me. I sent an email to a doctor in Germany and he told me that he also has 2 patients with POMC, but is unable to help me further.......I AM ALONE ON POMC ISLAND. my heart is broken and I don't know what else to do. someone reccomended that I post in groups like this in search of these familys.....I NEED contact, please share my story. Can you all help? www.facebook.com/POMCmomma
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
I suggest that you contact the Magic Foundation (use a search engine) as they help support rare endocrine disorders for children and they may have a network that can either help you find other children with the same or similar disorders. It is a suggestion. They also have an annual meeting where kids get together which is nice. That could be some face to face contact with others going through similar issues.

I am assuming since this is a form of AI, you could also try the CARES Foundation as well. They cover CAH - congenital adrenal hyperplasia.

I tried to look up POMC but alas, kept coming up with an organization, so it was not much help.

Due to privacy laws, I rather doubt the doctors are allowed to disclose names of patients. You would have to find a forum or board where people are posting to get in touch with others.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Nacht246 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 22
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
SassyLassie commented on About Me
Aug 21
Blank
CLENCH1 commented on The Turbinates: What ...
Aug 15
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
MI
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
Northern, NJ
Adrenal Insufficiency Community Resources