Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Alone on an Island
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Alone on an Island

I just found a like to a study done in Montreal Canada that involved 2 patients with Adrenal Insufficiency that led the doctors to discover the patients had POMC. This VERY rare genetic condition has less than 50 in the world. as far as I know my son Nathaniel is the only one in the USA and I am trying to follow any lead I can to connect with other families. I sent an email to the University of Montreal and they are unable to help me. I sent an email to a doctor in Germany and he told me that he also has 2 patients with POMC, but is unable to help me further.......I AM ALONE ON POMC ISLAND. my heart is broken and I don't know what else to do. someone reccomended that I post in groups like this in search of these familys.....I NEED contact, please share my story. Can you all help? www.facebook.com/POMCmomma
657231_tn?1390151580
I suggest that you contact the Magic Foundation (use a search engine) as they help support rare endocrine disorders for children and they may have a network that can either help you find other children with the same or similar disorders. It is a suggestion. They also have an annual meeting where kids get together which is nice. That could be some face to face contact with others going through similar issues.

I am assuming since this is a form of AI, you could also try the CARES Foundation as well. They cover CAH - congenital adrenal hyperplasia.

I tried to look up POMC but alas, kept coming up with an organization, so it was not much help.

Due to privacy laws, I rather doubt the doctors are allowed to disclose names of patients. You would have to find a forum or board where people are posting to get in touch with others.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Adrenal Insufficiency Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...