Aa
A
A
Close
Can Digestive Enzymes Be Taken With Cortef?
I am taking Cortef. My prescription was for 30 mg daily for adrenal insufficiency. I take it with meals because otherwise it is hard on my stomach. My question is whether or not it is safe for my stomach to also use digestive enzymes because I have digestion and assimilation issues. I see on usdoctor.com that both Cortef and pancreatic enzymes are recommended together. The formula I am considering has protease, amylase, cellulase, lipase, sucrase, maltase, galactosidase, bromelain, and trace minerals.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that betaine hydrochloride is contra-indicated when taking Cortef. Anyone have a definitive source on this topic, and what have people experienced themselves? Thanks!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
I looked up on a website...
I could not find betaine hydrochloride or digestive enzymes listed but it had other meds listed likes cat's claw and grapefruit (as cautions) so it appeared to be pretty comprehensive.
You also have to consider dosing - some people take cortef in higher doses and we only take replacement doses.

The only contra-indications were live-vaccines and mifepristrone.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Reggaeprinces commented on The Turbinates: What ...
3 hrs ago
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 03
Blank
replytorahul commented on Ear Mystery, Solved
Dec 02
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
MI
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
Northern, NJ
Adrenal Insufficiency Community Resources