Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Can low cortisol cause a detached feeling?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can low cortisol cause a detached feeling?

I have Hashimoto's disease and been treated for it with thyroid meds - I have a terrible spaced out, detached feeling in my head that the thyroid meds seem to make worse.

I've also been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue but I'm wondering if low cortisol is causing this rather than low thyroid?

Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What sort of adrenal testing did you have and what sort of adrenal replacement treatment are you taking?
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
I am also hypothyroid for which I take iodine. I am also suffering from adrenal fatigue, confirmed by saliva and urine tests. I take 1000 mg. of vitamin B5 daily and it has helped enormously. Ask your doctor if this is suitable for you. Also look up adrenal fatigue on the internet. This is where I found the connection with B5.
Blank
590177_tn?1288429454
Yes, I believe adrenal fatigue causes apathy. I had a thyroidectomy (so now hypo) and also adrenal fatigue...I feel that apathy is more due to adrenal fatigue than hypo for me. It's like I can't be bothered with anything... doing things I would normally enjoy. The fatigue doesn't help either!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
sky1414 commented on Do You Sleep Like A R...
Jul 29
15055037_tn?1438144056
Blank
Michelle_Mimi commented on An Insider’s Guide to...
Jul 28
Blank
vivi6121 commented on The Turbinates: What ...
Jul 26
Adrenal Insufficiency Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543_tn?1371753642