Cortisol level 438
Could anyone tell me what a cortisol level of 438 means.  I am unsure what normal range should be.  I have also had a dexamethesone suppression test which gave me a morning cortisol level of 25 so this ruled out cushings and showed a normal response.    
I can tell you with experience that the suppression test can be "negative" but you can really have Cushing's. The test is very unreliable.  I failed all the dex tests, but I have pituitary and adrenal pathology that shows that I have it. I know many people like me.  An expert will not use the test as one of exclusion.

You have to know the range. Plus, it that test blood, urine or saliva? Get copies of everything.
Many thanks for your reply.  I have a bit of a complex health issue going on at the moment.  I have another post on this board regarding all issues.  In short I have been really unwell and have suspected POTS and an adrenal tumour that I have been told is non functioning (We had suspicions this tumour was a Pheochromocytoma (this causes similar symptoms as POTS) but hormone tests show otherwise.  

I have ordered copies of all tests and results and am just awaiting these at present.  My endo (Prof) doesn't want to see me until next feb for a scan of the growth and was quite awful to me at my app because I questioned tests i'd had and requested further tests for Pheo.  I am in the process of being refered to another one.

What are normal cortisol levels?
My son is having a very similar problem. Hie cortisol levels are 459. I looked it up on the web, and found that normal levels should be somewhere between 17-29, if I remember correctly.
My sons tumor is 3mm, they say thats small. He will have it removed after some more testing,
Please, do follow up with your new doctor?
I hope that you feel better soon.
lamb888
A level on the internet is sadly, not valid, as each lab uses its own values and a urine value may be up to 34 or 50 depending on the method of calculation, as well as there are other levels as well.

Cortisol in a normal person varies by time of day.

I had high cortisol and low blood pressure, which is an ususual combo -but I know several. I meet the criteria for POTS and know several like me. My adrenals are gone now, but I has a couple of pit tumors.

A little update...my cortisol level was 701.  
I will assume urine.

I hope you are seeing an expert and will get treatment. Make sure that you get ACTH tested as well and that they get the proper source (pituitary, adrenal or ectopic) and the surgeon that you select is not just convenient, but someone who is experienced in the surgery as Cushing's tumors are pretty soft and somewhat difficult to remove.