Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Cortisol levels during ACTH Stimulus test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Hi there,

I recently went in for an ACTH Stimulus test (9AM) and had the following cortisol level results...

Cortisol, Serum:

0 mins = 32.7 ug/dL
30 mins = 14.8 ug/dL
60 mins = 37.6 ug/dL

As I understand it the base level is fine (might be a little high as I always seem to see a 5 - 25 range).  But from what I read the 30 min and 60 min numbers should be higher in relation to the base level.  Is that correct?  

I read that it should double from the base level to the 60 min level.  But the explanations on the internet always use a lower base level to start with.

So I guess my question is..... should I be concerned with that drop from 0 to 30 mins, and then seeing the 0 - 60 min levels almost the same?

I am still waiting to hear back from the doctor (who is speaking with the endocronologist) on what the numbers mean, but I find it hard to wait, so I thought I would check to see what folks thought of the numbers.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Danny
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
Jun 29
ridey777 added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
Jun 26
ridey777 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
Jun 26