Cortisol levels during ACTH Stimulus test
Hi there,

I recently went in for an ACTH Stimulus test (9AM) and had the following cortisol level results...

Cortisol, Serum:

0 mins = 32.7 ug/dL
30 mins = 14.8 ug/dL
60 mins = 37.6 ug/dL

As I understand it the base level is fine (might be a little high as I always seem to see a 5 - 25 range).  But from what I read the 30 min and 60 min numbers should be higher in relation to the base level.  Is that correct?  

I read that it should double from the base level to the 60 min level.  But the explanations on the internet always use a lower base level to start with.

So I guess my question is..... should I be concerned with that drop from 0 to 30 mins, and then seeing the 0 - 60 min levels almost the same?

I am still waiting to hear back from the doctor (who is speaking with the endocronologist) on what the numbers mean, but I find it hard to wait, so I thought I would check to see what folks thought of the numbers.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Danny