Adrenal Insufficiency Community
DHEA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

DHEA

HI, I suffer from severe migraines, my gyno tested my blood and have found my DHEA is really low ( 441 ng/ml) (normal values 1000-4300). The rest of hormones are in the limit for my age ( i am a 28 year old female) Prolactine: limit high 21.4 ng/ml ,estradiol 24 pg/ml (limit low), plasmatic testosterone 0.2 ng/ml ( limit low).

So i was wondering what should i do??? my gyno says it would be bad if DHEA was high, but i don´t feel ok. And my headaches are driving me mad. I am also tired and need to sleep a lot to actually rest.

i wanted to know if i had to make more tests or should i forget about it??..

I hope you can help, i think here in Argentina they don´t know much about this subject,

Thanks!!! Sofita
I am not sure I understand, but you have low DHEA, high prolactin, low testosterone, and low testosterone and the guy/gal did not send you to an endocrinologist!!! Even with low DHEA, you need to see an endo -

"Low levels of DHEAS may be due to adrenal dysfunction or hypopituitarism - a condition that causes decreased levels of the pituitary hormones that regulate the production and secretion of adrenal hormones. Normal DHEAS levels, along with other normal androgen levels, may indicate that the adrenal gland is functioning normally or (more rarely) that an adrenal tumor or cancer present is not secreting hormones. Normal levels of DHEAS may be seen with PCOS, as this disorder is usually related to ovarian androgen production (primarily testosterone). "

You may have a pituitary tumor. You need to see another doctor and you need more testing.

High DHEA is bad too - but you want hormones in range - all of them.
try taking dhea you dont even need a prescription you can get it in any nutritional supplement store you can order it on the internet
It is not legal to buy in every country.
ok. thanks for your answers!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will take my lab results to an endocronologyst....
before i take DHEA i want to know WHY i have low DHEA.. S.
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
ridey777 added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
Jun 26
ridey777 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
Jun 26