Difference between pituitary and adrenal gland
I also a thyroid nodule and a growing thyroid.  not yet classified as a goiter.   Can't all this just be my thyroid?  Can the cortisol test be wrong?  I did have a steriod shot 1 month before the blood test?   If this cortisol injection thing is normal, what then?   Do I have to get on the synthroid or armour?  Could they test your hypoithamus?????   where is that and could that be the whole problem?   thanks again for your help.

not sure exactly what your thoughts are here... Let me pick it apart.

Cortisol testing is not "wrong" per say - just sometimes not too detailed in Dx's

Steriods can do to things. Work UP your adrenals to give them a jolt - and also supress thyroid function for a long duration.

Meds at this time without knowing if you self induced these issues with steriods may not be right - but you may also have damaged the thyroid enough to need some too.

All could go back to normal. No one can tell for sure until you can track your levels with tests.

Yes you can check the pitutiary for issues - MRI is the quickest for tumor - labs can tell other things.

What are your symptoms?
wt gain,severe fatigue, loss of life drive, including sex, friends, enjoyment.  hot all the time.  (head mostly) my cortisol was 8.2 , TSH was 0.92   Ft4 .90 low   Ft3 230 Low , ACTH 10 , C-reative protein was 8.7 extremely high, wbc 14.8 h , absolute nerutrophil high- 14000 (yes, thats the right number) ultrasound said liver enlarged and adrenals did not look enlarged!   should I get a MRI of the pitutiary?   If it is my pitutiary then how do they treat that?  

thank you so much for your help!
also had the ACTh stimulation test,    begining cortisol was 6,  after injection 30 minutes 18  after 1 hour   20.  

the doctor said there was no need for a pituitary mri.   why do you think?   a coritsol level of 6 at 7am is not good.  he said no need for meds as i responded to the test.  and of course the low thyroid levels are w/ in range.   the lowest range last number on both FT4 and FT3.   How can they not know there is a problem.  I am dying here.  I force myself day after day to live!!!!!!