Elevated levels of DHEA in female
I am a 43 year old female.  A few years ago I had several 24 hr. urine tests, pheochromocytoma was suspected but scan showed nothing. Because one of my symptoms was a rapid heart rate, the doc sent me to a cardiologist who put me on meds to slow down my heart rate.  It didnt help so I stopped.  

A couple of weeks ago I had an ultrasound done on my thyroid because it was enlarged. Then I had a nuclear done.  I have a cyst on both lobes and swelling, labs were normal but test nuclear indicated hyperthyroid.  During this latest investigation it was discovered that I have an elevated DHEA and elevated Tryglycerides as well.

Symptoms:  Hair loss, weight gain, fatigue no menstrual cycle for over a 1 1/2 yrs.

My question is:  Could the thyroid issue be related to the kidney issue, hairloss, weight gain etc. and how do you counteract high levels of this particular hormone.  There are only two endo doctors here and they are booked for 3 mos.

Also, why would the uptake indicate hyperthyroid when the blood levels are within normal range
Was cortisol ever tested? Elevated DHEA and weight gain etc. are all sounding more along the lines of Cushing's disease.

The thyroid can do all sorts of things - there is a medication to take to slow it down - and you will feel much better. Pop over to the thyroid board and ask and they will advise you.

Have they tested antibodies? Graves sounds likely.

Are you asking how to counteract DHEA? DHEA is a precursor hormone - they need to test your LH, FSH, testosterones, estrogens etc. to see how they are - that is what DHEA effects.
I believe they tested cortisol (which was elevated) during the many 24 hour urines I did.  I'm not sure what antibodies are but I will check! ; )

My thyroid blood levels were all in normal range, so I found it curious that the nuclear indicated hyperthyroid.  

I just had my estrogen and others checked the other day, I'm in (premature) menopause  (which is caused by elevated DHEA?) my doc is on vacation so I don't know much else yet.

I will surely check on the LH, but I believe all of my thyroid levels were within normal range.
Thank you so much for responding, it's very much appreciated!
Antibodies are what the bodies form against intruders - so there are tests for them for the auto-immune disorders such as grave's, hashimotos, etc. It may say TPOab, TRAb, etc. So you may not have known what the test was.

DHEA I would not think would cause the menopause issue - unless it was super duper ultra high - other stuff has to be going on... but the DHEA could be elevated due to the cortisol - so you have to get a doc that is going to figure all of the stuff out and what is the real culprit.