Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Hair Loss due to the Adrenal Insufficiency

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Does hair loss due to Adrenal fatigue grow backafter treament?
Hair loss in hormone disfunction is common, not just in adrenal fatigue.

Even in aging when hormones change naturally - hair loss is prominent. Key is to keep you hormone levels in check and keep the body functioning as normal as possible.

Alot of anti aging material is out there that concentrates on adrenal fatigue - thyroid and sex hormone levels to learn how to keep the body in optimal preformance to slow this process down.

Reading about hormone balancing in a natural way along with testing for depletions is so important as we age.
I've been on an adrenal/hormone treatment regime for about 6 months and recently discovered a couple scraggly little hairs in my right armpit. There's hope! But at this rate, it may take a long time.  We'll see.

On a related note, I have to take a moment to vent. When battling with my previous MD over my long laundry list of adrenal/thyroid symptoms, he told me that all of my symptoms were explained by depression except for the hair loss. He had no explanation for the hair loss and insisted that I was most likely just depressed. God help us all who have had to endure such outrageous nonsense.
I do agree re the Doctors,  I take Adrenal supplements now and have found them a great help and I am also starting some Thyroid supplements ,  I too got sick of being palmed off with telling me I was suffering from anxiety or other stuff, and put onto the Med of the week from the drug companies with the biggest kick back and samples to offer, their clients" I am aware that not all the MDs are like this ,and maybe I have been unlucky.
BarbieDob01 emmadob Comment
May 22
ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 19
Bellastella94 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 16