Hair loss from Adrenal Insuffiency
I'm losing hair from a chronic infection; which is also causing adrenal fatigue and insufficiency.  I'm starting to believe my hair loss is linked the adrenal problems.

The hair loss is diffused around the top of the head and the crown of the head, as well as on the forearms and other areas..

Does hair loss grow back in these situations, or is it permanent?
I think alot of people on here know more than I do, but I can tell you my own experience. My adrenal issues are connected strongly with my thyroid issues (Addison's and Hashimoto's/Hypothyroid among other autoimmune stuff). So when my endo let me switch from Synthroid to NatureThroid for a few months, I started growing back tons of new hair in the spots where it had fallen out! (maybe because of the extra T3?) Needless to say I was ecstatic! I have since gone back to Synthroid for other reasons, but I intend to hold on to the hope that some day when everything gets straightened out (all my hormones/adrenals/thyroid), it will grow back. Might be different for guys, though. But I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Has the doc called your hair loss abnormal - aka - alopecia areata?  Sometimes that is hormonal and temporary, sometimes it is long term. I would consult a doc about it.