Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Hello, I'm new!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Hello, I'm new!

6282964?1287968300
Hello, I'm Michele.  I was diagnosed with AI in January of this year, but, I have been living with these symptoms since at least 2003 when my body collapsed on me at work.  I also have an autoimmune disease (RA) so my symptoms were overlapping and there was so much going on that it was overlooked until I collapsed again and went to the ER.  I look back now and don't know how I got through it all! :(  I'm on Hydrocortisol now and am better but I am just learning to stress dose and I would appreciate any advice anyone may give. Nice to meet you all and I hope to make some new friends!  Michele
Are you taking any steroid medications with the RA?

Stress dosing is a bit of a drag - but once you get the hang of it, you will learn  your new body.

Do you crave salt? Are you primary or secondary? Are you on florinef? Do you have a medic alert bracelet?
Avatar n tn
Hi michelle! My name is Nydia and I am also new at all of this-I couldn't help but reading your blog and just feeling the same way you do. I too have been suffering from adrenal hypofunction (as i was diagnosed) for about over a year now but I have been having these symptoms since I was 16 yrs old, and I am now 25 am barely starting to get better. When I was younger, the doctors kept telling me "It's all in your head, your not really feeling these things" until one day I actually find a dr that listens to me and ran some tests to see that it is something real. I knew that whole time, I was physically feeling ill-weak all the time, overly fatigued, having to be on bedrest for weeks at a time, it was exhausting! I still have my episodes about once or twice a month, but am currently seeking treatment for them. Along with the adrenal thing, I also have a hormonal imbalance-my progesterone level is  very low which I am also under hormone therapy tx with the use oformone pills every month which seem to be helping. I just wanted to say, I know and understand what you are going through, I know what it feels like to just want to give up sometimes and be frustrated but we have to keep moving forward and have faith that one day we will overcome all of this and be strong. I would love to hear from you and see what your symptoms are. Its nice to talk to someone who truly understands. hope to hear from you soon!-Nydia
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
Jun 29
ridey777 added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
Jun 26
ridey777 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
Jun 26