Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Help Interpreting My Saliva Test (Cortisol Levels)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

DHEAS (saliva) 5.5 ng/ml  (2-23)
Corisol Morning  (saliva) 7.5 ng/ml (3.7-9.5)
Cortisol Noon (saliva)  1.6 ng/ml (1.2-3.0)
Cortisol Evening  (saliva) 0.8 ng/ml (0.6-1.9)
Cortisol Night  (saliva) 0.9 ng/ml (0.4-1.0)

I need advice! I am have hypothyroidism after a thyroidectomy in 2003. I am currently on Nature throid as well as Levothroxine (levothyroxine). I feel like my medicine is finally where it needs to be, but still feeling symptomatic. (Dizzy spells, brain fog, anxious,etc)

Can anyone please let me know a supplement I should take to help with my adrenal glands? A lady told me I should take DHEA supplement as well as Adrenal Support, but am needing some advice. Thanks so much!!!
Also, I am urinating ALOT. Sometimes over 12 times a day and constantly thirsty.
I would advise you to see an endocrinologist. You may be beyond supplements and need hormone replacements. The thirst/pee cycle is indicative of diabetes insipidus (water diabetes) and needs to be controlled. Keep drinking.

My best guess is that you have a possible/probably pituitary issue, and sadly, nothing OTC - and no adrenal support supplement is going to help - it will just muddy up the testing. DHEA converts to testosterone and estrogen. As you did not get those tested, and your cortisol was normal with a normal rhythm, my worry would be the DI and you need to see a doctor.
Hi Rumpled. First would like to say thank you for taking time out of your day to give me advice!

I have been seeing 2 different Endochronologists for over four years. I also work at a Hospital so have great healthcare. Unfortunately my Endochronolgist doesn't take the time with me.

It's funny you suggest possible diabetes insipidus. After 5 yrs pleading to my family doctor and endochronologist it was my GYN/OBGYN who actually suggested that I get tested for it. I requested the test from my doctor and had the ADH blood test done Friday. I still haven't received the results. They sent it off. I am very anxious to see what the results are.

Thanks again!!!!
Wow, I just read your profile.

I also just learned I have a 5.5 cm endometrioma (suspected) cysts on my left ovary. Haven't had kids before and am scared to get it removed.
Yeah... most endos I call endoduds... that is why it takes so long to get diagnosed for most of us.

I had several surgeries to remove cysts and etc etc etc before I had the total hyst - so there are lots and lots of options to retain much and stay fertile so discuss that with your doc. I was just in tons of pain and was not fertile anyway - so the hyst was my best option.
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
Jun 29
ridey777 added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
Jun 26
ridey777 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
Jun 26