High cortisol treatments with hypothyroid
Hi All!!
I have high AM cortisol, normal range during day, slightly elevated cortisol at night by saliva testing. Also had very high progesterone, estrogens, Dhea, testoterone. My symptoms are fatigue, insomnia, heart palps, tachycardia ( diagnosed with PSVT),  "surges of adrenaline and anxiety.
  My naturopath/nutritionist put me on PS in early am and pm to offset high cortisol. Also talked to me about diet, lifestyle changes and stopped my oral progesterone and wants to retest in a month so see if hormone levels drop.
  I am confused.... my serum (blood) progesterone level was in very low normal range when test, but saliva is high... which is more accurate?? And can progesterone turn into cortisol as she is saying?? And how does this affect my thyroid- which is hypo, currently being treated by synthyroid ( could not tolerate armour- racing heart).
Anyone have any really good websites or books which explain how this is all related???
And what can I expect for the future. She is saying if I will go into adrenal exhaustion if I don't take proper care of myself?  
  I love to read and research but saliva testing is still on the new treatment, and I have not found alot of info.
By the way I have had lots of blood work up by endo, ACTH, STIM test, am cortisol blood test... all were very normal in results.
  Also any experiences please share in what helped you get better.
Thank you for any and all info you share!!
High AM cortisol, High PM cortisol = Cushing's syndrome. Even if you fail the stim tests (I did) and the dex tests (I did), you may still have it but the doc, who may not understand Cushing's, may not know how to diagnose it since it is not a single test yes/no thing.

There is no OTC way to lower cortisol. You cannot lower your female hormones and lower cortisol. Progesterone CANNOT turn into cortisol. When cortisol is off, it impacts other hormones, but hormones do not magically turn into others - except there are precursor hormones like DHEA that do become either testosterone or estrogen but they are all in the androgen axis, cortisol is not.

Armour has a lot of T3 - synthroid is all T4 - it usually takes a balance of both to make a body feel better. Sometimes adding T4 to T3 will help...

Saliva and serum testing differ - they test the same thing, but in a different form so some time the body may test more effectively one way and not the other. Testing has to be done carefully - right times, fasting, etc.
Traditional medicine, for reasons unknown to me, does not like the 24-hour saliva and urine test. It was very useful in my case and provided the basis for my treatment which is turning out very well. (I developed severe adrenal fatigue with rising daytime cortisol after using inhaled steroids for asthma.) Traditional medicine was no help to me for this problem, so I went to my private doctor, a physician who also practices alternative medicine. As well as treating me for the adrenal problem, he took me off the inhaled poison and substituted natural supplements which work better and have no side effects.