Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Hydrocortisone causes dizziness?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Hydrocortisone causes dizziness?

I have been on hydrocortisone for two and half years. The dosage has stayed the same--20mg. a day. 10mg, in the morning, 5 at noon and 5 at dinner time. I think the morning dose is the one that brings on dizziness. Usually late afternoon and evening are comfortable and very little or no dizziness. This is the only side effect I have but it seems to be getting worse to the point where I do not want to drive and am uncomfortable inside stores. I'm not really sure this is the fault of the hydrocortisone or another problem that hasn't been diagnosed.
How is your blood pressure? Do you crave salt or add salt? Are your sodium reading ok? Renin and aldosterone ok?

Usually if you are AI, you have a bit of low BP and you may or may not need mineralcorticosteroid - florinef. It may be that you need a bit of florinef to help keep your BP up.

You take a pretty high dose - on the higher end of what I see most people take.
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Jul 18
Bourbondude69 commented on I had no idea there w...
Jul 18