Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Hypothyroidism and adrenal insufficiency

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Does anyone else dose according to circadian rhythm? If so, when do you take your dosages and how much? Should I give the thyroid medicine first, then hour later give Hydrocortisone and Fludrocrtisone?
I dose according to my doctor's order's, how the medication has to be taken (as in fasting, with food or not) and to some extent, taking the HC to imitate the rhythm.

My doctor has be divided a bit differently - but just a bit...

I take my T4 thyroid and 15mg HC at 7am, wait an hour so I can eat, then I can take my florinef, cytomel 5mg and salt with food. I later take 2.5 mg HC and more cytomel around 2 or 3 pm.

HC probably could be moved to with food, but both the pharmacist and my doctor confirmed that small doses are ok without food and I have been doing it for  years fine just with plenty of water...

I urge you to confer with your pharmacist and doc. I have all my medications written down with when and why I take them so if I have to add something, even short term, I ask the pharmacist where to add it in.
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Jul 18
Bourbondude69 commented on I had no idea there w...
Jul 18