Adrenal Insufficiency Community
I need help (my doctor suspected pheochromocytoma)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Hi all
I have 21 years and last 4 hypertension presented with headaches, flushing, etc. flank pain. My doctor sent me an analysis of metanephrines and these are the results. Wanted to know if it is a possible pheochromocytoma because I ordered a Ct......Thanks ...by the way I have fear

Metanephrines, Fract. Lc/Ms/Ms,  24h urine
24 Hr urine Volume 2950

In range                        Out Of Range                               Reference range
Metanephrine                   177                                                                              25-222 mcg/24 h
Normetanephrine               177                            540                    H                        40-412 mcg/24
Metanephrine, TotaL          177                            710                   H                         94-604 mcg/24
I am different than you are! I am panhypopituitary. I don't have a functioning pituitary and had pretty much all my endocrine organs operated on or removed on some fashion. But like you, it took a long time to get diagnosed. They kept saying it was one thing or another - or just me, my diet or I was lying!

As for the other people - they don't live IN your body - they cannot presume to understand how you live day to day. Such a shame we cannot do a body swap and then they would have an idea!
Well, a couple of your tests there are high. So it is possible.

It is normal to have fear at this point - it is unknown and to have a tumor is scary.

I had both my adrenals removed. You should be able to live without taking any extra medications like I do but you will need to be careful and keep an eye on it to make sure the remaining adrenal is in good shape.

You will feel better after surgery!

Any questions?
Thank you very much thank you answered me. I feel that every time I get out of bed or my heart is accelerated way and introduce red things on my face and neck. Actually be positive for pheochromocytoma would give me peace of mind because I have 21 years and took a long time with different symptoms and do not give a cause for it ... Any recommendations from you.

I feel my English is not good but I try my best to understand me
Your English is fine.  I am so sorry you went for so long undiagnosed! I supposed they just thought you had high blood pressure and that was all.

I used to live near you - took the bus through your town all the time!
thx :) for u response
Could you tell me some of the symptoms present what you please? . somebody tell me crazy because I'm not sick but i know my body is wrong

musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 27
tacolino is ... Comment
Sep 26
ChitChatNine enjoying fall-like weather ! Comment
Sep 25