Adrenal Insufficiency Community
I need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

I need help

I have been retaining about 10 lbs of water.  My blood test are coming back in range, however they found that I have a tumor on both my adrenal glands.  I am at wits end.  It seems like if I don't drink water I don't swell as bad.  I have gained about 15 lbs in 4 months.  All the gain is either water or in my stomach area.  I am so confused on what to try next.  I need relief before going to doctor on the 25th.
I would consult a pituitary center and a neuro-endocrinologist. I don't know what doctor you are going to see - but that is the doctor that you need. Find one at a larger hospital or university. A regular endocrinologist may not be skilled enough to do the testing and treatment that you need.

My *guess* is that you have a form of Cushing's syndrome - and you may have some issues with renin and aldosterone as well and that is messing with how you are handling fluid.

I had both my adrenals removed due to Cushing's disease - pituitary source. It can happen that pituitary Cushing's can cause adrenals to enlarge. So you have to carefully evaluate source (or adrenals may be removed and you can get Nelson's - and that is another complication).

I suggest that you get all the copies of lab work you can, as well as the imaging and imaging reports. I have information on it in the brain/pituitary tumors (which some sites have doctor lists) and under adrenal insufficiency health pages. The pages are in the column to the right of this area where we write.