Adrenal Insufficiency Community
I need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

I need help

I have been retaining about 10 lbs of water.  My blood test are coming back in range, however they found that I have a tumor on both my adrenal glands.  I am at wits end.  It seems like if I don't drink water I don't swell as bad.  I have gained about 15 lbs in 4 months.  All the gain is either water or in my stomach area.  I am so confused on what to try next.  I need relief before going to doctor on the 25th.
I would consult a pituitary center and a neuro-endocrinologist. I don't know what doctor you are going to see - but that is the doctor that you need. Find one at a larger hospital or university. A regular endocrinologist may not be skilled enough to do the testing and treatment that you need.

My *guess* is that you have a form of Cushing's syndrome - and you may have some issues with renin and aldosterone as well and that is messing with how you are handling fluid.

I had both my adrenals removed due to Cushing's disease - pituitary source. It can happen that pituitary Cushing's can cause adrenals to enlarge. So you have to carefully evaluate source (or adrenals may be removed and you can get Nelson's - and that is another complication).

I suggest that you get all the copies of lab work you can, as well as the imaging and imaging reports. I have information on it in the brain/pituitary tumors (which some sites have doctor lists) and under adrenal insufficiency health pages. The pages are in the column to the right of this area where we write.
Sana2016 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
BarbieDob01 emmadob Comment
May 22
ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 19