Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Is this Cushings?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Is this Cushings?

This is my 4th abnormal saliva reading.  Either I have Adrenal Fatigue or Cushings, not sure which one.  I am overweight, although I exercise daily.  I crave sweets and caffeine, don't sleep well at night and tired during the day.  Not really a productive person anymore; stress stresses me out and I have blood sugar issues and a short temper.  My endo is pretty useless and seeing a new primary next month.  Doctors can't figure this out and make me feel like all I need is freaking Prozac.  

Am 2.4 low    Range 3.7-9.5

Pm 1.9 high   Range .4-1.0
Have all the abnormal readings been at night?

High glucose and increased weight, not sleeping all point more towards high cortisol than low. For some odd reason, endos feel Cushing's is rare and they are taught that they will not see it, and so they will not look for it even if the stretch marks are right in front of their faces.

It pays to hunt around for a decent endo - there are some links on the brain tumor/pituitary forum that may be helpful. The some of the adrenal sites cover it but most of them do low, not high.
ChitChatNine enjoying fall-like weather ! Comment
ClareLG commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Sep 16
ChitChatNine commented on photo
Sep 13