Low potassium or high potassium?
My endo tested my electrolytes while I was on treatment and while I was on potassium pills. I swear I feel better on potassium pills. She said everything was normal. What are the symptoms of low potassium vs. high potassium?
Ok... let me explain the effects of low cortisol, normally. What is is simply is that your body cannot manage sodium. In most people, when sodium goes down, potassium rises - you get confusion, nausea, headaches, vomiting, low blood pressure, chills, sweats, fevers, and it all can lead to coma and death. Look up adrenal crisis for other symptoms.

Now, in some people with adrenal issues, potassium does not rise. Unless you know this by having a crisis in the hospital, it is pretty dangerous for someone to take extra potassium without a doctor's orders when they are taking steroid replacements because if you get sick and you are getting too much, you will get sicker faster if you do not need that potassium.  Most people with adrenal issues are told to avoid K for this reason.

I happen to be a person that drops in potassium as well as I know 2 others that drop too but the majority of people rise. Only know because I almost died in a hospital.

When you are ok, you are ok, but if you get sick, your body will go down fast. Been there, done that.
THANK YOU I will STOP taking the potassium and putting salt in my water. I have some good quality sea salt from a health food store. I was wondering why I starting having muscle spasms again!
You can also buy salt tablets. I get them as my blood pressure is too low.

The salt will manage the potassium naturally. Salt your food extra - you need it now. I carry sea salt in a container in my purse as it tasted better (oddly, it has lower sodium, but I like it more).
Oh - some salt tabs are buffered with potassium - you do not want those.