Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Need Advice for Rough Mornings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Need Advice for Rough Mornings

I wake up every morning at 4 am. No alarm just wake up no matter what time I went to sleep. As soon as I wake up, it hits me--- nausea and headache!

Should I take my HC at this time?  Or should I take my Zofran for nausea and butalb for headache and wait a few hours for HC?  Or should I take them all at once?  I have tried every combination possible but I don't know which one is better.

Also, is there anything I can do the night before to prevent this?

I used to have this happen to me - and I started to take a salt tablet at night - a 1G tablet before I went to bed. I started to have a lot less nausea in the morning.

I would speak to your doctor as you should not have to take zofran daily. You may need to increase your sodium intake and may need florinef so that you hold your sodium and reduce the low sodium episodes (AI is a salt-wasting disease and nausea is triggered by low sodium or high potassium in most).

4am is a tad early for HC in that you would wake up. With the nausea, I would guess you are in a low - and that to me, means you need something like HC which means your overall dose needs an evaluation, or you need more sodium, or a medication to hold sodium.

It can be prevented. If you cannot see your doc right away, try adding more sodium before you go to bed and see if that helps. Pickles, bicarbonate, salt tablets etc.
Sana2016 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
BarbieDob01 emmadob Comment
May 22
ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 19