Aa
A
A
Close
Normal Cortisol #2 levels
I have Hashimoto's and after a large weight loss (3 sizes smaller) trying to get a diagnosis has been impossible.  I have just learned, for instance, that Hashimoto's also accompanies celiac disease, but none of the many docs I have seen has even mentioned this.  And in the past 8 weeks have been experiencing abdominal pains.  Tests have included abdominal ultrasound, CT scan and MRI, all of which were normal.

My complete endocrine workup was not remarkable.  I am, however, wondering about the results I had for Cortisol #2, since the lab report stated that a normal range has not been established.  My AM reading was 8.0 and my reading for #2 was 35.6, taken in the morning, fasting.  Is this result considered normal?

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
I don't know why they say that about a normal range... it is done by many labs - was this blood or saliva? Without a range though - it is hard to determine as some ranges can be really wide, some narrow - if you did both at 8am fasting with the same lab - did the first have a range? Was an ACTH done as well?

Once you have one auto-immune disease, it makes you prone to more - so it could be almost any auto-immune disease! Have you seen a rheumy?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Reggaeprinces commented on The Turbinates: What ...
4 hrs ago
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 03
Blank
replytorahul commented on Ear Mystery, Solved
Dec 02
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
MI
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
Northern, NJ
Adrenal Insufficiency Community Resources