Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Recovery from adrenal fatigue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Recovery from adrenal fatigue

Hi all
Is there anyone that suffered from adrenal fatigue and was fully recovered? I'm losing my hope to be recovered I very tired to be tired all day, may be some stories written here may be boost my morale and other people with this condition. Thank you!
Hi Sibil_21
I have been  addisonian for the past 2 years. I did recover fully from the adrenal fatigue. The main thing you need to care for is whether you are your adrenal deficiency is being treated properly. Do all your tests look okay.  
Do you mean AI or AF?
The most important thing is to be diagnosed and treated properly. You won't be 100% but you can at least be better.
I mean adrenal fatigue. That what you mean?
what r the syptomes???
Adrenal insufficiency is diagnosed by a MD and confirmed by stimulation tests, blood, saliva and or urine tests. AI is a lifelong disease.
Usually AF is diagnosed by someone who is not an MD and is treated with OTC supplements. Sadly, those supplements can cause AI.
Well the more relevants symptoms:muscle pain and weakness, light fatigue, cannot handle stress, severe hypoglycemia, IBS symptoms(not sure but I think is that), very severe tiredness all symptoms are cyclic and usually with the tiredness I have low blood pressure (last time was 90/50 usually mine is 120/70). Sometimes I feel pain in the kidney area during some stressful situations but my physician told me that those are the adrenal glands. I notice that the physician is a MD. He only told me that usually happen with long-term stress and it will be gone during time.
Yes I have suffered from this and the only time in my life I became better was when I ate very clean
Organic foods mostly raw N about every 3 hrs from sun up until I went to bed.
I was tired  all the time, 50 lbs over weight couldn't sleep, kidneys stressed 90% of the time,  ibs symptoms since age 5 and rare bm maybe once or twice a week at times with random bouts of no bm for weeks.
THEN BEGAN
Switching to organic foods, daily sunlight, eating every 3 hrs, within 3 mo i lost all the fat. Felt super and looked 15yrs younger.
Currently >>>>>>>>>>>>>
I stopped eating organic about 2 yrs ago and have Gained 26lbs can't sleep feel like death and lastnight had dizzy spells and my adrenals are freaking out. There's no question I'm suffering because I ate processed toxic foods like
McDs, panda express, Safeway chicken  strips, ice cream, starbucks, Taco bell,  and all the typical so called Normal amercian foods.
OMG I so sick again.
So back to basics for me. ONLY ORGANIC FOODS mostly RAW
I feel better soon but I will never again doubt the power of eating rich nutrition based organic foods that keep our bodies so healthy inside N out.
HUGZ
I have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue. I first saw an endocrinologist who put me on hydrocortisone.  I found that my new general doctor knew about adrenal fatigue and recommended I use adrenal glandulars and I agreed because I prefer something natural.  Also the hydrocoritisone was causing my sugar to spike and I'm diabetic.
I still dealing with the AF and read the comment by someone here about the differences in AI, AF is whether an MD or someone else makes the diagnosis.  Okay, I don't agree with this and would like to know the truth about this.  I have had the various tests by a DO and an endocrinologist.  I've had blood, saliva, and urine tests.    So what is the difference?
If you mean qualified as in doctor, this forum is not moderated by a doctor... and no doctors post in this community. As in any information you get you have to check on your own - and it says on the side check with your own doctor.

Just some food for thought - even though HC is *not natural* it is biochemically the most like what the body produces. If you had blood sugar issues, that probably had to do with the dosage or how and when it was taken as that can be changed. Other corticosteroids like prednisone or dexamethasone are not like that.

It is good you had a lot of testing. Did you get a stim test as well?
man im going through the same thing
so frickin annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i dislocated my shoulder woke up dizzy with the pain
happaned a month ago
do u have any updates ?
ok it all started 2 weeks of  intense work out ... change in life style healthy  eating  suddenly ....  i noticed a bulge in my stomach with a slight dul pain
dr said its fine .. next dr said its all good.... the dr after that said its all normal  but very  odd :/ so he wanted scans ( next month so 2 weeks away ) then i dislocated my arm ... from the shoulder ..... they used morphine and madaslim on me to keep me calm while they shoved it back in
i came home watched sienfield had some food and went to bed woke up once realised my fingers were numb  woke up again realised i was dizzy and confused saying to my mum somethings wrong she went to work i took a lil nap to calm down abit
dr the next day said  its just nervs and from the drugs relax
next day another dr said .. no it shouldnt of done that no way
day after that  this other dr checked my  reflexes and all and said its ok doesnt seem to be a issue atm so i got blood tests  ... came back as my B low potasium low and folate acid also ENlarged red cels:/ ..... got more blood takenn waiting to see the dr in 7 days  so far this is day 29 .....
the pain is odd ...
i was under alot of confusion.......wich is odd ive bled from the nose alot ... i spewed up a few times when i was dizzy
(started as a numb feeling  around the top part of my scalp above the ear  this odd feeling in my ear  and eye ... the eye bulged feeling....  i even thought oh man... im gonna die   ........its changed  abit the  dizzyness stoped ... its just the numbness )  the eye dr said noway its got anything to do with my eye... he said it looked like i was under alot of stress
im not sure if i wanna tell my parents but today i was sitting there with a pen with afamily member and she said ur hand i looked down and realised there was  blood dripping from  it  from the pen.... and i was shocked ..... i also remembered how i feel better in dreams then in real wich scares me alot...
i feel like im dieing....i bleed from my nose  in the shower and almost  fell over...
idont feel good at all  
my body has virbrated too.. alot   ..... i find showers calm it down
my dr thinks my livers in troubel too... so im confusedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
he ended up saying my  v b and folates normal :/  this time around wich was odd
cels r still enlarged
he also said stress and anxietys causing this  
without no tests just gave me  anxiety meds and said come back later.....

ive got lightheadedness  dizzyness pain in right side of head like a nail was stuck into my skull
i feel my heart  beating hard  and  it doesnt help on zolft cause i cant feel emotions  :(
i bleed from the nose 5 times a day the  pain radiates to my ear and  eye
eye shakes   and i have slight hearing loss now
i feel like the right side of my head was gonna blow up the other day
i spew up sometimes in the mornings too
its been 1 month and abit   and as i type this now  my nose is bleeding >.>
i just wanna feel happy again and pat my puppy and feel ok
this ***** so much
su cks *
i need help cause my  drs dont help me at alll
I can't figure out if your issue is AI related?
dont worry  
after 3 months of pain and stupid drs  not letting me  go for  xrays... drugging me up  ... wasting  over a thousand  $  
it turned out to be my c1  ... scollious  of the spine causing the stomach pain .... and my arm wasnt even  stuck in properly
so yeh now its been a while ... i managed to  ween off the   meds  wich took a while
i feel normal again ... bettter then back when i use to come on here
anywho  i still feel abit scared coming on here ... its so awful seeing these msgs i use to type  to every1
but thank u to all ur help and surport  .. i hope ur issues resolve too
if it wasnt for u guys id prob be very lonely through all of this
im not gonna come back on here anymore  too  so good bye  and thank u once again for all ur help
Treatment for pain is typically pills, PT etc. and there is no miracle for it. It does take a while to get off the meds but if you still need them?