Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Recurrent infections, back pain, fatigue and muscle weakness for 3 mont...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Recurrent infections, back pain, fatigue and muscle weakness for 3 months

I am, or was, a healthy 27 year old female.  I had my gallbladder removed 3 months ago.  Since then, I have experienced a ton of issues.  First, I have had 3 UTI's, 2 sinus infections, strep throat and bronchitis.  Not only that, I have been dianosed with Gastritis as well.  I have seen a Rheumatologist and she is testing me for several things. One is Cortisol and another is my Thyroid.  I have had severe pain in my legs for 3 moths and now it's spreading all over my body.  I am weak and tired and can barely get up and move in the mornings without my pain medications.  I was wondering if this could be Adrenal Insufficiency or a related illness.  I am waiting on my blood test to come back in two weeks but feel I can't wait that long!  She's also testing me for Vitamin d deficiency, immunodefiency, HepatitisC and B.  Do you have any answers as to why I keep on getting these infections and why my legs, joints and muscles hurt so bad?  Thanks
Hi, I also had my gallbladder removed and had many symptoms that you are experiencing. I got infections all the time, still do. I was diagnosed with addison's about 2 years after my gallbladder was out. Anyway I don't know if that is what you have, but if you want to talk, let me know. I know what it feels like to wake up in the morning feeling as if a truck just hit you.

It sounds like you could have a successive, low-grade chronic infection. For more information, visit:

http://www.immed.org