Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency

Hi,  it's been awhile since I last posted about my 18 yer old daughter. In the past few months, she's been hospitalized several times and every time
, her cortisol levels were between .5 and 1.3. Last month we went to The Mayo Clinic in Az. and met with Dr. Cook. We really liked him. He ordered an Insulin Induced Hypoglycemia test for Sarah.  The results confirmed Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency. Her Cortisol level only went up to 6.7. We also found out she is Human Growth Hormone deficient. Right now she's on .5 of Decadron and so far, so good. She's back in school and starting to get her life back after 3+ years of misdiagnosis and multiple hospitalizations. We now have hope!

Lori
Excellent!
I am so glad you got a diagnosis...

Keep on eye on the dex (I am on it too) as it eats bone in the long term.  So keep up with calcium and vitamin D.

I hope she does well on the GH. The changes will be subtle but I feel so much better on it.