Adrenal Insufficiency Community
What stage AF am I in?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

What stage AF am I in?

Am 2.4 low    Range 3.7-9.5

Pm 1.9 high   Range .4-1.0

This is my 4th abnormal saliva test. I take tons of herbs,not doing much for me. My thyroid group says I am in 4th stage of AF but want another opinion. 4th stage is near death.

I can't sleep at night anymore;my thyroid is trashed;I have blood sugar issues and gained a ton of weight;I feel like I am going to vomit sometimes. I think I really am going to die sooner than later. And the doctors are not helping me one bit,especially the endos,who think "it's all in my head."  I go to a new primary next month.  
AF is not a medical diagnosis - it is probably a combination of things...
AI however is a medical diagnosis but you would likely lose weight, not gain. The higher evening cortisol is more indicative of Cushing's - where you would gain rather than low cortisol and there is a lot of overlap of symptoms (I know this since I had Cushing's and my adrenals were removed to resolve it).

Most endos don't know how to treat it - or PCPs - so you have to find a good one. But if you think you have AF and take steroids well, it will just make you worse.
I took Flovent for 10 years to treat asthma but I came off it 3 years ago; I experienced my first "adrenal crisis" or whatever it's called after I quit the Flovent.  Sudden vomiting, painful stomach pangs but at the time, I did not know what to do so I just did nothing and pushed through it.  I was told afterwards I was lucky to have survived it but maybe that person was being dramatic?  I don't know.   I've been okay since then but my adrenals are really struggling and hoping not to experience that again.  
Cold-turkey steroid stopping is not advised... depending on the dose, yes, it can be quite horrible and even dangerous.

Some people can have the adrenals atrophy with long term use - some people it triggers other things.
Sana2016 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
BarbieDob01 emmadob Comment
May 22
ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 19