Adrenal Insufficiency Community
What would cause thick oily sweat?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What would cause thick oily sweat?

I have been told that the adrenal system could cause thick oily, sweat. But i have also heard that a sick cns could cause it. My neuro is investigating Adrenoleukodystophy - would that cause this type of sweat. originally it was profuse sweating with nn salty taste and now is this thick oily sweat and some type of liquid leaking from my ears.
i hope you could direct me somewhere to get more info. originally i was diagnosed as ms.
thank you very much

mixedblessings
Tags: sweat, adrenal
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
Is the Adrenoleukodystophy for you? That is more common in young boys, has it run in the family before?
What do you mean by sick cns?
Blank
when i first went to neuro and he said there was demylenating disorder..then mentioned i should watch lorenzo's oil i have heard that it commonly carried by the mother onto her son. but on rare occasions the mom has exacerbated symptoms as well. resently battling infection i began sweating a thick oily type sweat and had some foul smelling fluid from my ears. someone replied that that could be from a very sick central nervous system
i have never had either of these sympoms before. profuse sweating no matter the temperature is common but not this thick oil sweat.
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
It is genetic - are they running tests? What tests are they running?
Blank
thank you so much for replying....i have thought all along what is happening to my brother, myself and my son is somehow connected. dr's seem to think i am reaching. the only tests that they have planned are another brain and this time with spinal mri scan(no contrast die) evp and emg. they are also going to have a urologist involved because of the number of utis, bladder and kidney infections i get and how hard they are for my body to fight them. but back to the oily sweat and leaking ears PLEASE if you have ANY test suggestions or genetic tests you think may link us all i would be so thankful! I have watched my brother go through 5 yrs fighting infections and now he too is having CNS / Neuro complications. My son at a very early age started this to. I will be waiting anxiously for any suggestions you have.
thank you again!

mixedblessings
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
I sent you a link where you can order the genetic testing yourself.
Blank
thank you very much for the links you gave to me. If you know about Asperger's Syndrome it is amazing how much they have in common. you would think they would have tested me for this as he tallked about it when we first met. however it seems the mom wouldn;t have so many issues. and they don't discuss the thickk oily sweat and leaking ears. but i definitely will try to get the genetic tests you sent.
thank you again for all of your help. i do feel alone so much of the time.

sincerely,
mixedblessings
Blank
I have the same symptoms. Thicky, oil sweat on skin, Raynaud sign, some neurological problems and weight loss. Much doctors has been visited and I'm still not diagnosed. Can it be adrenomyeloneuropathy or something other? I'm 20 yo.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
keltan commented on Attention All Mouth B...
19 hrs ago
Blank
Cowboylips commented on 7 Tips to Breathe Bet...
Aug 20
922048_tn?1387946184
Blank
Sherri90049 commented on Sherri90049's status
Aug 17
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
gimel
MI
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine