What's the correlation between flashlight test + AF?
Anyone know what the chance of having adrenal fatigue is and having tested positive for the flashlight test? When you shine a flashlight to the side of your eye in a dark room and your pupil dilates and not contracts. I tested positive and have tons of other symptoms and think this could be AF.

Thanks, Aaron
Sorry, I don't know about the flashlight test.
My son's adrenal fatigue was first detected with a saliva test, then bloodwork.
What are your other symptoms?
My other symptoms include:

recent anxiety
recent depression
weight loss 25lbs
digestive problems (gerd) + nausea
Fatigue throught the day, sometimes gets worse but it's always there. I could sleep for 12-14 hours a day atm and still feel tired.
cold hands/feet all the time

Ive had all the gastro tests done and they have found nothing so i'm searching in a new direction. Thanks for reply.
Well, I can tell you that my son had all of those symptoms, and was diagnosed (after two years of doctors) with adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroidism (and now, other hormone loss also) due to a pituitary cyst. First doctors recommended psychiatry and anti-depressants, but I ignored this. I knew they were wrong.

You need to find out how severe your adrenal fatigue really is. It can go from bad to worse very quickly. Ask for a morning cortisol test. You can even get this test done through many nutritionists, who seem to be very busy these days, helping people overcome adrenal fatigue.

The longer this goes on, the harder it is to correct. Don't let this go.

Enzy
I don't think mine is severe yet... I only recently had to give up all exercise because it makes the fatigue and nausea worse. Strange you said that about psychiatry... My GI doc said I should see a psychiatrist because there's basically nothing they can do for me. I know the anxiety is caused by something else. I can't even watch a movie anymore without feeling anxious and getting sick.

When my son reached the point of giving up exercise, (he dropped out of P.E. at school) it was only another six weeks later it got serious. Of course, as I said, he has pituitary hormone loss, and that is hopefully not your problem. If you get nauseous enough to vomit, and start shaking, get to an emergency clinic.
Hmm Ive been nauseous enough to vomit a lot but never have. I can't see a doctor till friday so hopefully everything is fine =/
     Hi. Just saw your post elsewhere. You said the doctor ordered blood tests for your thyroid, but won't test your adrenal function?  Just be sure you don't start thyroid meds without an adrenal function test.  Adrenal function and thyroid function must be balanced
or you will feel the symptoms!

Can you take your symptoms to an endocrinologist without a referral from your GP?
I had to do this for my son. You have to be very insistent sometimes, to get the care you really need.

Enzy
Well either way I don't think i'm going back to that GP. He didn't really offer any advice and I had to ask for tests to be run. I have an appointment with an endo on the 17th of this month. Hopefully she can check for adrenal fatigue.
I suggest reading the book "adrenal fatigue - 21st century health syndrome" , amazon has excellent reviews , do a google search of the book's name , dr. wilson explains everything so nicely and now I know what's wrong with me . The flashlight test is mentioned in that book , I did that and tested positive . Adrenal fatigue does not always show up on lab tests ..

Also boost your immune system by taking transfer factor www.4tf.com , please take my advice seriously , since in chronic fatigue syndrome , abnormalities of the immune system is present . A.F. can cause muscle pains , depression , stomach problems , allergies and frequenct infections , etc
I have adrenal fatigue, call up a local endochronologist and tell them that you have been told that you might have adrenal insufficiency and ask them if they can perform an ACTH Stim test on you. That is what I did.
Mia
I got my TSH levels back. They were at 5. I know it fluctuates but does this even fall in line with adrenal fatigue?
What time of day did you do the test?
Hmm I did it twice, once at night and once in the afternoon.
It is called the Pupil Dialation test

you can read more about it here.

http://www.drmurphreestore.com/adrenalfatigue.html