Adrenal Insufficiency Community
adrenal and hypothyroid help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

adrenal and hypothyroid help

Im hypothyroid, last test has showed I have high RT3 so I switched from 130mcg synthroid and 1 grain armour TO 15 mcg Cytomel and 1 grain armour. I also did cortisol saliva test which shows im LOW in cortisol

cortisol morning. 2.6 ng/ml. normal range. 3.7-9.5
>cortisol noon 2. ng/ml. normal range. 1.2-3.0
>cortisol evening. 1.1. normal range. 0.6-1.9
>cortisol night. 0.2. normal range. 0.4-1

the problem is I keep gaining weight, i have headaches, tired, feel like I have cold. What is the recomendation? How I shuld manage this. Please give me some advice. Anybody know or have an experience? Im sick of going from doctor to doctor
Additional information . All tests were done while Im on 15 mcg cytomel and 1 grain armour.
TSH 0.006 normal 0.450-4.500
free T3 3.0 normal range 2.0-4.4
free T4 0.74 normal 0.82-1.77 ng/dl - edit

Any opinion apreciated thank you
Weight gain is more a sign of high cortisol, than low. One round of testing is not enough to tell what is going on - it can cycle so you can have a low test that day, but not be an accurate reflection of your health. So it takes several rounds of testing and many types of testing to show what is going on.

Why too are you taking so much T3 - yikes my heart beats too fast just thinking of that....
bc i was on high dosage of synthroid  and even on 15 mcg cytomel and 1 grain armour my T3 are not even to higer range.
Your T3 seems to be mid range now? Maybe all that is better for the thyroid board.

Re cortisol - you should get more testing. Not just saliva (which is the free type of cortisol) but also serum cortisol and also urine so you get averages and point in time. And other tests like ACTH (which signals the adrenals to make cortisol) and other adrenal hormones and other hormones.
mommom81 added the Diabetes Tracker
Jun 17
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Jun 13
Moodi_fa commented on I had no idea there w...
Jun 13