Aa
A
A
Close
adrenal insufficiency ???
I have have a lot of fatigue and i got my cortisol levels checked  it was 9.7 at 12.00 noon  the doctor said it was normal but i dont agree plus i have a nice bronze tan and i hardly go out in the sun??  she said my the blood work looks normal???  why am i tired and stressed out 24/7 ???  And there is a past generation relative who had addisons.  When i take adrenal support supplements i feel a little better but they dont have cortisol in them. im 45 on disability but i also write hiphop/rap songs. got my first mone produced in an L.A. studio in California. sounds fantastic") !!!!  gave a cd to my dr's office:) anyway back to the question do i have adrenal insufficiency ?? should i see some one else to interpret the blood test results???? I would Love to be feeling good again???
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
Noon is not a time to run cortisol. There is not a range for noon. BTW, your tags - ??? love?

Was the doctor a primary care doctor, or an endocrinologist?

Are you sure the adrenal support supplements don't have cortisol? Most are dessicated adrenal gland and that would interfere with testing.

The tan is suspicious - did they test ACTH? That is what would be giving you the tan (I have the same tan, my ACTH is high).

I would go see another doctor - and endocrinologist - and get tested properly. Go off the supplements as it will interfere.

Congrats on the song!
Comment
Cancel
657231 tn?1453836403
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Sana2016 joined this community
Welcome them!
10 hrs ago
Blank
BarbieDob01 emmadob Comment
May 22