Adrenal Insufficiency Community
adrenal insuffiency crisis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

adrenal insuffiency crisis

I was involved in an auto accident on 9/17 during a seizure brough on by my adrenal insuffiency. I lost consiousness in the ambulance and had a bp of 77/44 in the er. I was treated as though I was a drunk driver, and not given any corticord steriods at the hospital.just fluids I have been through numerous tests to rule out stoke, heart attack and other issues all come back to AI. Has anyone ever had this kind of reaction from the low bp?? I take 60 mg hydrocortisone.daily and am not getting better lately my bp is 88/69 regularly. any advise would help.
Avatar n tn
Do you have a mdic alert bracelet and injectable hydrocort?

I just had an adrenal crisis started with headache progressively worse vomiting and then basically paralysis.

Despite my husband and brother MD telling them it was adrenal, they didn't give me solumedrol for two hours. Treated me like I was just drunk and would come out of it. Make sure you have medic alert

Also re low BP - you need aldosterone. Are they giving you that- florinef is drug name. Will help BP
I agree, medic alert bracelet, emergency kit with meds, and an emergency contact that will yell at the help until you get what you need.

I had a 103.5 fever in the hospital and they put a heart monitor on me and treated me for the heart issues I was having, the nausea etc. had to give me calcium, magnesium, you get it - but would not give me a 100mg bolus of steroids even though I had a letter from a doctor saying I needed it, my medic alert braclet and it was on my list of medications - the *^(()()&@%#^& resident put in the file "it did not appear to be an adrenal crisis"!!! Dude, my adrenals are gone and so EVERYTHING to me is an adrenal crisis - and like you, I get confused and wonky.

My husband has to threaten to sue and it took over 6 hours and I almost died.

Salt! Salt salt salt salt salt! An adrenal crisis means your sodium tanked and you need salt. It will raise your BP and make you feel better. I carry salt tablets.
I can't believe you were treated like that with the letter and your husband telling them about your illness.
It is really scary to me! Really scary! It still took them 6 hrs. That is crazy !
Avatar n tn
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 30
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Apr 09