Adrenal Insufficiency Community
can sweat from adrenal insufficiency discolor clothes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can sweat from adrenal insufficiency discolor clothes

My  stepdaughter is in her 20's with no respirator problems and  has sweat that discolors her clothes and bed sheets where ever her body sweat touches them. Is this sweat characteristic of people with adrenal insufficiency ?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
657231 tn?1453836403
I am not sure, but I know when I had high cortisol, I used to discolor my clothes and sheets.

Usually when you have AI, you are not supposed to sweat - it is very bad for you as it drains salt and can be dangerous. So if she is sweating that much, I hope she is taking salt enough to make up for what she is losing as well as fluids.
Blank
Have you come to any conclusions on this sweating? I have the same problem and am on may meds for my joints. I was wondering if that had anything to do with that.
Blank
657231 tn?1453836403
Sweat in general can cause discoloration if you do it a lot. I know I can discolor my clothes and sheets (even my mattress cover) so it is a matter of how much. It is also a bear to get the stains out!
Blank
something that is really good for bleaching stains out of white things is to use lemon juice and salt--kinf od rum them into the stain--and then set them out in bright sunshine--don't know if that will help anyone----but I thought i'd throw it out there
Blank
kind of rub   sheesh
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
649848 tn?1424570775
Blank
Barb135 commented on photo
25 mins ago
Blank
mcorrell98 commented on photo