Adrenal Insufficiency Community
cortef

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

cortef

how long does it take for you to know if the cortef is helping?  i'm taking it 4 days and don't see any changes?
How much total and also, how are you taking it (how are you dividing the doses, how much at what time)?
10 mg in morn and 10 in afternoon
Your doses should not be divided like that IMHO... the normal body gets the bulk in the morning and has less in the afternoon. I take 20 and I take 15 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon, at 2pm.

The 15 will *wake* you and the 5 will give you the slow slide like the normal body... you can split the 5 into 2 doses if you are really tired.

Are you also taking florinef (not everyone needs it) salt if you need it and DHEA if you need it - that helps with energy...
I am taking DHEA, and that is the perscription that my holistic doctor gave me, in terms of dosing.  He said it could take up to two weeks to know if it's helping. so far nothing. today is day number 6.  do you think that;'s a sign that it's not helping me?
spoke to my doctor, said i can try 15 mg in am and 5 afternoon after i've used cortef for at least one week at his doses.  thanx for the suggestion.
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Apr 09
Candace8475 commented on I had no idea there w...
Apr 08