Adrenal Insufficiency Community
ever want to just give up?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

ever want to just give up?

just wondering if anyone else out there ever gets the feeling that they just want to give up the fight?  i usually cry at least once a day---sometimes because i am exhausted, sometimes because i am sad and sometimes because i have so much anxiety---and sometimes i don't even know why i cry---i just cry.    i am not sure if it is the adrenal insufficiency, the thyroid, or the fibromyalgia that is giving me the most trouble---or maybe it is just acombination of all three.      then i saw my family doctor last week and he tells me that he isn't sure that i really have adfrenal insufficiency---but when i told him that the doctor 3 hours away had accepted me as a patient---hes said, "if he's taking you as a patient, he must think that you have something going on."   this just doesn't make me feel like i have a good base to work from.  i know we should have one main doctor that has all of our records and branch out to the specialists from there----i have really been trying to work with my doctor---but he is just too casual about things and has been known to miss a number of things in our family.  fortunately i was persistent and found someone else who could help us----fortunately our insurance did not require a referral from our doc to see specialists!!!

how do you all deal with things when you get feeling really low?
The emotion is hormones - pure and simple... I get them and I know others the same. I cry at the drop of a hat for stupid reasons, sad tv, even onstar commercials!

Your testing in your other post showed AI... so I would not worry about diagnosis.

I just know other people like me - so I use them to talk to in order to blow off the anxiety and all. Now you have found us - now you have people too.
all the time. I have no dxs. I am to a point where I am queationing my own damn sanity. Hope things brighten up for you.
I feel exactly the same way you do.  I'm so tired of being a cancer patient, a thyroid patient, and now an emotional mess.  (and I've only been going through this since December of 2010!!)  I have no clue how the long-timers do it.

All I can tell you is that somehow, when you think you've reached your end, something else kicks in and keeps you going.  It's ok to cry, it's ok to feel blah, it's ok to be fed up.  Allow yourself all of that.  Lean on the people in this forum....it helps more than you could ever know.

Hang in there....even if it's just by a thread
I constantly want to give up.  I am just getting sicker and sicker, and they treat the symptoms, but don't look for the cause.  Now I am having an echo of my heart due to edema getting out of control  I just posted on here PRAYING I am finally getting somewhere!  Another person on these forums, horselip, has been invaluable to me, helping me and directing me.  I have to do this on my own because I gained a lot of weight and none of my doctors even believe me!  I have done countless "food diaries", put on stupid diets, BEGGED them to look further, and have gotten nowhere.  Finally, labs from 2009 were posted on this new site at the University Hospital, and I went in there and got some of mine.  One problem that is also a real nightmare is that there are NO good endo's that treat any of these things (other than diabetes and thyroid problems), so I have been searching for help in that area too.  If I do finally get somewhere, it will seem like I am out of a job!!!  

I am grasping at straws now, but we might finally be on to something, but if this doesn't pan out, I truly don't know what to do anymore.