high cortisol in am
Hi All!
I  ust had saliva testing. I was told I have very high AM cortisol , rest of day somewhat normal range. I was also told all my hormone levels were high.
My naturopath says my progesterone was very high .My progesterone was previously very low ( near zero by blood testing) and was put on oral progesterone by  family MD.
Now I am told to stop all bioidentical hormones and we will discuss other treatments plans next week at  appt.
I am confused.....
My symptoms are insomnia , anxiety surges, heart palps and racing at times, fatigue, ect...
Any opinions here??
i had that test everying was wrong i knew i was going through pre menapause for 7 years now i am dealing with full blown menapause i dont and wont take hormones and i am doing ok i just take something for anxiety and i do get agitated i have been singl 6 years , and the test also said at night i am tired but wired what ya make of that except the rest show tbhis i had no vvitiams in my body ever ,never took them now i take citra vita liquid its been ok
Your symptoms may be the result of the meds your MD gave you. The anxiety, insomnia and fatigue could indicate an adrenal problem. Start by getting off all the stuff your MD put you on and see if you improve.
You may have Cushing's syndrome  as that is high cortisol and it interferes with other hormones. It makes your tired, but unable to sleep.

I would see an endocrinologist. It cannot be treated currently with medications effectively - there are some studies though.
Thanks. I see an endo for my hypothyroid. She did a STIM test last year, and said it was normal. Most of the Md's say its nothing and want to give my sleeping pills or antidepressants to "relax' me. I have had lots of tests, but all that comes up is I am estrogen dominant, low progesterone, hypothyroid ( borderline) and I have thyroid nodules ( half thyroid removed from benign nodule).
  I think it is just perimenopause and stress ( I am type A personality), plus there has been a lot of tough situations in my life the last 2-3 years.
Thanks.
I failed all my stim tests and still had Cushing's. You could be cyclical like me - which makes the case more difficult to diagnose, but still you have all the symptoms and damage, but the tests are not showing it. I could not sleep as that is when my cortisol kicked in, but I was high at night, low during the day, but my average, for the 24 hour tests, were normal! The 10 hour UFCs however, showed how high I was at night.

I also had all the thyroid issues - had my thyroid out in halves too for nodules.
Keep that in the back of your mind if things are not better - keep all copies of tests - there may be clues in there that you may learn later.
I was researching and saw seriphos could help lower high cortisol. Anyone use this or any other product with sucess? I try PS, did not like the side effects.
There are no OTC things that will lower cortisol. And if they do - you have to replace the cortisol as you need cortisol to live. So you still need a doctor.