hypersensitivity to sound
i havent been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue,but have all the symptoms.i was wondering if hypersensitivity to sound can be one of the symptoms to adrenal fatigue?
I have not heard of that one myself unless one is having an adrenal crisis - then headaches, really bad headaches can happen. Perhaps you are also having migraines as well?
"sound"? You mean like you're sitting in a cafe and someone moves a chair, making a noise that NOBODY else pays attention to, but that drives you MAD??????????
And you wish they would stop moving the damn chair and just SIT DOWN!

Me too! This is a sign you may have adrenal insufficiency
My daughter has low cortisol levels and she gets 'sound sensitivity'. Keeps telling me to talk in a softer voice cuz normal volume stresses her.

Noise is an irritant. You can handle lots of irritants when you have the cortisol for it....
Oh My yes. I crashed this month, I am still in bed weak. If my husband puts the washing machine on the constant background noise starts anxiety and results in total exaustion :(. Worried I may have gone nearly Addisonian over the years.
Drs do not believe in AF in the UK.
I have Hashis and my adrenals can't tolerate thyroid hormones now. I am also anemic.

AF is a non medical term. Adrenal Insufficieny (AI) be it primary or secondary is the medical term.

After major surgery I was diagnose with AI and given hydrocortisone tablets. Every time I tried to taper off a high dose I would get VERY cranky at the slightest bit of noise.

I suggest the following. Check your cortisol level at 0800 and 1700 on the same day. YOU MUST CHECK CORTISOL 2x on the same day for it to be meaningful.

If they are low when compared to the "normal" levels then I reckon you need hydrocortisone supplements which will allow you to easily tolerate noises. And after a while you will - as I did - wean off the tablets and function normally. That is, tolerate noise WITHOUT medication.

Good luck!