Adrenal Insufficiency Community
labwork

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

labwork

My blood test today shows a BUN of 17 and a creatinine of 0.60, giving me a ratio of 28. I have also recently had a cortisol challenge test that indicate that indicate adrenal insufficiency. Can you tell me what all of these things together may indicate?
They do not test the same thing. It may all be around the kidney, but the evaluation is different.

I am not sure of the ranges for your lab - BUN evaluates kidney function. Creatinine is protein. The doctor has to tell you if the ratio is bad for you or not. Was it flagged in the blood work?

By cortisol challenge - do you mean a cortisol stimulation test? That should mean that you need replacement corticosteroids, and perhaps mineralcorticosteroids, dhea, and salt. It is a life changing diagnosis, and you need an emergency kit as well. I would suggest a medic alert or similar bracelet/alert, and reading up to know about a crisis to be prepared, etc.
mommom81 added the Diabetes Tracker
Jun 17
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Jun 13
Moodi_fa commented on I had no idea there w...
Jun 13